150g plain flour
150g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
1 whole egg
2 egg yolks
1/4tsp cinnamon powder
Cooking oil for deep frying
Extra caster sugar for coating
1. Sift both flours together and put aside.
2. Put water, sugar and butter in a large heavy based pan and bring to a gentle simmer stirring until the sugar dissolves.
3. Add flours and stir immediately and vigorously until it becomes a smooth and quite stiff paste and the dough leaves the sides of the pan.
4. Transfer the dough to a mixer, add in 2 egg yolk and 1 whole egg, and beat over medium speed until well combined.
5. Heat up cooking oil over medium flame.
6. Either use piping bag with nozzle to squeeze out the dough or just roll them into ropes and use fork to make the lines (this was how i did as I don’t have a big nozzle)
7. Deep fry till golden brown, and toss with sugar.