Little butter buns
makes 18pcs of roti paun and extra with few buns
100g bread flour
70ml hot boiling water
1. Place flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add hot boiling water and mix with wooden spoon to form a rough dough.
3. Cover bowl with cling film and leave dough to cool in the fridge for at least 1 hour, and up to 48 hours.
To prepare Basic sweet bread dough
300g bread flour
100g plain flour
1 tbsp instant yeast
½ tsp salt
175ml cold milk
1 cold grade A egg
60g cold butter, cubed
1. Combine flours, sugar, yeast and salt together in a mixing bowl.
2. Tear the gelatinized dough into pieces and add to the bowl along with the eggs
3. Using a stand electric mixer, mix on low speed, adding cold milk gradually.
4. Mix until dough is well combined and leave the sides of bowl.
5. Add in the cold butter cubes and mix on medium speed until dough is smooth.
6. Shape dough into a ball, leave to proof for 40mins or until doubled.
100g butter, room temperature
80g coarse sugar
1. Mix butter and sugar in a small bowl, stir to combine.
2. Place in the fridge (to harden) before use.
To assemble roti paun
1. Divide and shape bread dough into a small ball weighted 30g each.
2. Spoon 1tsp of butter filling and wrap inside the small dough ball.
3. Place dough ball in a greased 9” round cake tin (removable base).
4. Once completed, set aside to rest for 15mins.
5. Apply egg wash on top of the dough balls.
6. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 20-25 mins.